Saturday, December 15, 2007

Animal rights.

I just viewed a video of animals being tortured and skinned alive. It was one of the most horrific things I have ever seen. I suspect it is out of China, they were torturing raccoons, dogs, etc..
To view the desperation in the eyes as life was draining out of their little bodies was just the worst thing in the world. The thought that someone has so little regard for life is beyond me. I understand the food chain, I am not a vegetarian but the senseless abuse of these poor creatures makes me angry.
I guess a good comparison would be M Vick torturing and fighting dogs here in the U. S.. 23 months for the cruelty he administered to these dogs is just a slap on the wrist. I would lock him up for at least a decade, make sure he doesn't have any children that he can teach his twisted values to, and make sure he does not play sports ever again.
I think at this time of the year it is a good time to reflect and donate your money and time to an animal rights organization. I make donations every year and this has decided where my $$ are going.

No comments: